Dear Grande Prairie Constituents,
I would like to update you on the state of covid-19 in Alberta. As of today, March 24, 2020, there are 358 confirmed cases in Alberta, and 1,739 in Canada. Sadly, there has been a second covid-19 related death in the province. My thoughts and prays are with the family of the Albertan who passed away.
Local Grande Prairie Initiative: The COVID-19 Community Care Program: Food & Pharmacy targets vulnerable citizens. This includes those who are unable to visit stores and pharmacies because of self-isolation requirements, as directed by Alberta Health Services. It also includes people without the financial support to purchase essential goods. For more information, please visit the GPREP Website: https://www.gprep.ca
Here are some updates from the Government of Alberta:
- In support of COVID-19 response efforts, the government has opened an online portal for Albertans seeking to offer their products or services, including, but not limited to:
- Human resources, like volunteers and paid personnel.
- Personal protective equipment, like face masks.
- Food, water and lodging (hotels, motels and churches).
- General supplies such as fuel, blankets and pet supplies.
- Telecommunications products or services.
- Equipment such as generators, forklifts, lighting and signage.
- Service offers such as child care, consulting and pet care.
- Transportation, such as passenger vans, buses and aircrafts.
- Albertans are generous in spirit, and many have reached out to offer their support amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This online portal will give Albertans seeking to offer products or services a platform to do so.
- Those seeking to offer their support can do so at www.alberta.ca/covid19offersprogram.
- Be mindful, pay attention to your thoughts and feelings to help understand why you’re feeling anxious or stressed.
- Text 4 Hope launched, a new text-based tool to support Albertans dealing with stress and anxiety related to COVID-19.
- Text COVID19Hope to 393939 to get FREE daily texts with encouraging and supportive messages.
Report Price Gouging
- Hand sanitizer, toilet paper and other items are in demand due to COVID-19.
- We are asking Albertans not to take advantage of people’s concerns and work together to ensure we come out of this stronger, together.
- File a price-gouging complaint at 1-877-427-4088 or www.alberta.ca/file-consumer-complaint.aspx.
Please remember to practice social distancing, stay home if you are sick and to wash your hands. If you are feeling unwell you can take the online assessment form at www.ahs.ca/covid. And, for the most up to date information please refer to www.alberta.ca/covid19.
We are all in this together.
MLA Tracy Allard