EDMONTON, AB: Today, NDP Leader Rachel Notley will take questions from the media for the first time since court documents revealed her office was aware Thomas Dang illegally hacked Alberta’s vaccine records portal in September of 2021 and knowingly lied to Albertans.
Below are five important questions Notley must answer regarding her role, and the role of her office, in the hacking scandal.
- How is it possible you didn’t know about Dang’s illegal hack in September when court records show your chief of staff and communications director did?
- Why did your office tell the government an anonymous “prankster” had committed the illegal hack when they knew it was Dang – and why did they maintain this lie after the RCMP raided Dang’s home in December?
- What should happen to your staff who knowingly lied to Albertans?
- Why did you make Dang your democracy and ethics critic in October of 2021, one month after your office knew he had committed this illegal hack – and why was your chief of staff celebrating this appointment online when he knew what Dang had done?
- Have you ever used information illegally obtained by Dang for political purposes, prior to the illegal hack in September?